Sunday, November 1, 2015

White Chili

Or should I say Award Winning White Chili!  haha!  Seriously, I totally won a chili cook-off with this recipe.  I kick some chili ass, yo.  Not only did the Batgirl mask Lee and I made totally work out, but the chili was awesome.  I call this Halloween weekend a win.  :)


Ingredients:

1 - 1.5 pounds of chicken boobies.  Cut the gross excess fat off, then dice into small 1/2 inch chunks.

1 white onion diced up super small.  I used a chopper b/c I don't like big onion pieces.  But do what you like.

2 cans navy beans, drained and rinsed of the goo.  Use a fork to mush up about 1/4-1/2 of the beans.

2 cans of chopped green chilies.  (the small 4 ounce cans.  2 of those.)

1 can of chicken broth

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream

1 jalapeno, seeded and diced.


EVOO (or whatever oil you like to use)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic cloves, minced.
Garlic powder
Ground cumin
Ground oregano
Cayenne pepper
Dash of cinnamon


Directions:

In a large pot (like a stock pot, something you'd use to boil noodles in), heat over medium high heat.  Add in about 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.  While that's heating up, salt and pepper your raw chicken chunks.  Once your pot is hot, dump in the chicken and the onions.  Cook until the chicken is completely cooked through.
Add in the broth, beans, green chilies, and spices.
Now, for the spices, I did about 3 teaspoons of the cumin, oregano and garlic powder.  And because I love garlic, I used an additional 2 cloves of fresh garlic that I squished through the garlic press.  BUT, use maybe a teaspoon each of the cumin, oregano and garlic powder at first, then add more if you think it needs it.  Salt and pepper it as needed.  And I just used 2 small dashes of cayenne and one healthy dash of cinnamon.  The only spice you really wanna worry about is the cinnamon.  Don't use too much, don't add more.  You just want that hint of something extra.  You don't want your chili to taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch with beans.
Okay, so now just bring it to a boil, then let it simmer around medium low heat for half an hour.
Remove from heat, add in the sour cream and heavy whipping cream.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Got pics so I can pin this baby? ;)

Jeanine said...

Aw man, I didn't think of that! Let me find a stock photo to add so it can be pinned!

Jeanine said...

LOL All I could think of was to add a pic of the mask we made since it was done in the same weekend as the chili! From now on, I'll make sure to take pics so the links can be pinned! Thanks for the reminder tip!